Audacious

'Books' image courtesy of Pixabay.com

You need to start thinking, my good husband said.
You must make a plan; you must think ahead!
All of those books that you know you possess
The kids will not want them - they'll just make a mess!

I realise he's right, and I do start to think.
How many years, before my brain starts to stink?
I've lived more than forty. Can I double it? Sure!
There's still time to Google for bookshops galore!

You need to start thinking, I helpfully said.
You must make a plan; you must think ahead!
All of those casings and computer parts.
The kids will not want them, so please have a heart!

He knows I am right, but he still fails to think.
How many years, before his brain starts to stink?
He's lived more than fifty; wants a card from the queen.
And with skips up for hire, my face starts to beam

So I've made up my mind; have had time to think.
Connectors and cables; when thrown out, will clink!
All of those nooks will be empty and spacious.
I'll pile up the books, and will feel so audacious!


Copyright owned by Jay Cool, November 2018


A reading of the poem:  'Entry 003 from I love you and I'm not dead', by Sade LaNay, made me think about death, love and a book-lined hermitage, providing the inspiration for 'Audacious'. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yellow Rose of Flanders

A New Year Queue

Google Photograph