The Flood




The floods are coming to mark an end to my break -
to dream days in my terraced cabin.
I heed the neighbour's warnings and move on out,
lingering on wood-slatted patio - watching
the last one leave.

Still time, I think, to step back in -
still time to gather up my things -
my pencils, brushes and notebooks.

Still time to float.

Feet dangling, I sit on patio edge,
dipping my toes into salty-water
waves slapping.

I'm floating.

Copyright owned by Jay Cool


Inspired by 'Portraitures & Erasures' by Chiwan Choi.
Image from Pixabay.com (Creative Commons).




Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Floods come because the Bogs been blocked again by your filthy habits!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yellow Rose of Flanders

A New Year Queue

Google Photograph