Eggshell

'Hand' image courtesy of Pixabay.com
Let me go to the window
Where the rainfall sloshes from joint
Of broken pipe
Down eggshell-cracked rendering
Of outer wall

Let me feel a little life
Where my teardrops slip-slide from whites
Of bloodshot sight
Down eggshell-cracked rendering
Of outer skin

Give me a lover
O you gods that sit and give
The old new wonders.
Give me passion, lust and steam.
Don't shut me in.

Let me out through the window
To join in with the dream-shapes of fortune.
So that I might use my wit and my cunning
To break the long loneliness.

Copyright owned by Jay Cool, November 2018

Inspired by 'At a Window' by Carl Sandberg, as featured on Poem-A-Day.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Yellow Rose of Flanders

A New Year Queue

Google Photograph